Hello Wax Trax Friends!
I owe you all an apology for the sparse communication regarding the Wax Trax! Documentary.
So, before I start packing up all the Wax Trax! mail order shipments for customers today, I wanted to send this little update.
So here is the latest:
- The film has been picture locked for a month now.
- Handed audio off to be mixed on Jan 9. It typically takes approximately 6 weeks for a film like this to be properly mixed. We are meeting with the amazing folks at Another Country Studio next week to review the film mix so far.
- The name has changed to “Industrial Accident: The story of Wax Trax Records.”
- The trailer is complete and in queue for audio mix, color correction and one song left to license. (Kickstarter backers will see it first)
- We needed to license 44 songs for this film and trailer. This was not a small undertaking and one of the most time and energy consuming part of the post production. We have almost all the licensing agreements locked. We are waiting on a few rights holders. Everything will hinge on licensing. no licensing = no movie. It is conceivable that one publisher or master rights holder can delay the entire film until we are able to replace and re-edit the film.
- We are updating the website at waxtraxfilms.com with upcoming screening info and hope to have that launch within two weeks.
- We have been entering festivals and currently are waiting to hear back from 30+ Festivals from around the world.
- We are in the process of locking in details for the Chicago screening and plan on announcing dates within the next two weeks.
- We are super proud of this film and the people who have worked so incredibly hard at making it possible.
- Remaining rewards (poster, soundtrack, party) will be explained in detail next update.
Without footage/photo approval, without music licensing and without audio mixing and color correction in place you cannot simply post things without having legal issues, disappointment or outrage. To do this right, and as the old adage goes “Good, Fast, Cheap…you can only have two”.
Whether it’s been time zone issues while trying to license content from Australia, Brussels, Berlin, etc., or perpetual meetings to review and approve editing, motion graphics, sound mixing and color correction…For the past few years, I wake up every morning working on this film until I fall asleep thinking about this film. Fortunately, we can finally see the light, and miraculously I haven’t lost my day job!!!
This is the most comprehensive look at Wax Trax! and the world my dad and Dannie created. Although I have no regrets for the amount of time this is taking in order to do it right, I do regret not checking in with you all more. Some reasons are due to trying to publicly explain abstract issues (“Hey everybody, We are really having a hard time tracking down Rheingold” and we’re stuck right now”)… Some are due to publishing challenges that are just plain boring (“Hey everybody, still trying to clear “Stainless Steel Providers” 30% by Jourgensen is done, the 30% from Barker looks good, but that suave dandy, Connelly’s 20% and Rieflin’s 10% are real tricky…and don’t get me stated with chasing down the 10% by Luuuuc Vaaaan Accckkkker”). zzzzzzzz.
More to come very soon. Lot’s of moving parts right now and as soon as I have concrete info, I will pass it along here first!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your continued support, patience, kindness, and the nonstop love you all express for this film, the label, store and my dad and Dannie.
Keep the peace,